Tight end Luke Willson was carted off with an air cast on his leg, leading obviously to concerns of a very serious injury, but it appear he may have dodged a bullet. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Willson did not break his leg, and that they believe he has a high-ankle sprain. Willson had crutches by his locker but was walking under his own power. A high-ankle sprain is a pretty serious injury in its own right, but Willson could potentially get back from that at some point in the postseason, which obviously wouldn't be the case had he broken something.
On Brandon Mebane, who left with what was called a hip injury, Carroll said the defensive tackle actually had a groin strain, and should probably be fine with a bye coming up.
Carroll reported no other notable injuries.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.