Seahawks injury update
Tight end Luke Willson was carted off with an air cast on his leg, leading obviously to concerns of a very serious injury, but it appear he may have dodged a bullet. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Willson did not break his leg, and that they believe he has a high-ankle sprain. Willson had crutches by his locker but was walking under his own power. A high-ankle sprain is a pretty serious injury in its own right, but Willson could potentially get back from that at some point in the postseason, which obviously wouldn't be the case had he broken something.
On Brandon Mebane, who left with what was called a hip injury, Carroll said the defensive tackle actually had a groin strain, and should probably be fine with a bye coming up.
Carroll reported no other notable injuries.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.