The fire at the house in the 1300 block of 108th Street SW was reported at 6:21 a.m., said Eric Hicks, an assistant fire marshal for the Everett Fire Department.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it spread beyond the living room and a small storage room off the garage, Hicks said.
Two areas were found where it appeared the fire had been set, Hicks said.
"There's no indication of any flammable liquids involved," he said. It's believed paper may have been used.
No witnesses were immediately located to provide further information, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
Somers, Lovick clash over new contract for government employees Salmonella outbreak sickens 134 in state, 24 in county Former Tulalip Tribes fisheries co-director accused of poaching Family files legal claim in Island County Jail dehydration death Civil War re-enactors dig in again Saturday at Everett cemetery Effort to move 2016 state primary falters ‘Concerns continue’ about integrity of prison sewage system Memorial for Snohomish High teacher, coach Tuck Gionet set for Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.