The fire at the house in the 1300 block of 108th Street SW was reported at 6:21 a.m., said Eric Hicks, an assistant fire marshal for the Everett Fire Department.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it spread beyond the living room and a small storage room off the garage, Hicks said.
Two areas were found where it appeared the fire had been set, Hicks said.
"There's no indication of any flammable liquids involved," he said. It's believed paper may have been used.
No witnesses were immediately located to provide further information, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy Front Porch: Free Navy Band concert Hollywood swoops in to pay ‘Barefoot Bandit’ restitution Regional water supply back to normal, utilities say
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.