The fire at the house in the 1300 block of 108th Street SW was reported at 6:21 a.m., said Eric Hicks, an assistant fire marshal for the Everett Fire Department.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it spread beyond the living room and a small storage room off the garage, Hicks said.
Two areas were found where it appeared the fire had been set, Hicks said.
"There's no indication of any flammable liquids involved," he said. It's believed paper may have been used.
No witnesses were immediately located to provide further information, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
Warm waters bring more restrictions on salmon fishing in Tulalip Sound Transit succumbs to ‘cost of doing business’ Little is known about bull kelp, which nearly all marine life here relies on Stanwood-Camano fair expands activities for children No word yet on near-drowning victim in Stillaguamish River 2:12 p.m. Paine Field passenger flights resound with Mukilteo voters Two seek to oust Noble from Edmonds School Board seat Front Porch: Camano Island Library grand opening
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.