#Browns already have their first head coaching candidate lined up: #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. Rising star.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 30, 2013
Browns requested permission to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn for HC job, per source. Quinn can interview Jan. 5.Quinn would likely interview sometime during this bye week, and both sides would work to make sure that interview doesn't interfere with his coaching duties. Quinn is in his first year as Seattle's defensive coordinator, having previously served as the team's defensive line coach before taking the DC job at the University of Florida.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 30, 2013
Last year, the Seahawks lost defensive coordinator Gus Bradley to Jacksonville, and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was then and will be again connected to job openings. Assistant head coach/offensive line coach Tom Cable is another name that could come up in coaching searches.
The Seahawks would obviously love to keep their coaching staff intact, but Pete Carroll, having also gone through this at USC, understands that losing assistants is a cost of success in his business.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.