Sounders to host Tottenham in 2014 summer friendly
Tickets will be part of the 2014 season-ticket package.
Tottenham, which will make the Seattle stop as part of a preseason tour, is currently in seventh-place in the Premier League Standings. Tottenham also has a bit of a Sounders connection as the former club of both Clint Dempsey, who spent 2012-2013 with the Spurs before coming to Seattle, and Kasey Keller, who played there from 2001-2005.
"Tottenham Hotspur has established themselves as one of the top teams in arguably the toughest league in the world," Sounders FC minority owner/general manager Adrian Hanauer said in press release. "We are proud to have them be a part of this year's friendly and will continue to strive to bring the strongest competition to CenturyLink Field."
And of course, while we're on the topic of Tottenham, you should definitely watch this video if you didn't see it earlier this year.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.