Sounders to host Tottenham in 2014 summer friendly
Tickets will be part of the 2014 season-ticket package.
Tottenham, which will make the Seattle stop as part of a preseason tour, is currently in seventh-place in the Premier League Standings. Tottenham also has a bit of a Sounders connection as the former club of both Clint Dempsey, who spent 2012-2013 with the Spurs before coming to Seattle, and Kasey Keller, who played there from 2001-2005.
"Tottenham Hotspur has established themselves as one of the top teams in arguably the toughest league in the world," Sounders FC minority owner/general manager Adrian Hanauer said in press release. "We are proud to have them be a part of this year's friendly and will continue to strive to bring the strongest competition to CenturyLink Field."
And of course, while we're on the topic of Tottenham, you should definitely watch this video if you didn't see it earlier this year.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider provides some updates at NFL Annual Meetings March 23
- Seahawks re-sign long snapper Clint Gresham March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.