The Royals will travel to Cleveland High School Wednesday night to face the Eagles at 7 p.m. in a game that features two of the top teams in the state. Lynnwood was recently ranked No. 13 in the nation by USA Today.
Wednesday’s contest was able to occur because of two recent openings in the teams’ schedules. Lynnwood (6-0 overall) had a game snowed out in the Nike Northwest Challenge earlier in the season and Cleveland (5-2), out of the 3A Metro – Valley conference, had a game vacated when Skyview accepted an offer to play in the Nike Tournament of Champions in Arizona.
It is the latest in a series of tough non-conference games for Lynnwood, which won all three of its games – including the championship – at the Nike Northwest Challenge and defeated 4A power Mt. Rainier 57-54 in double overtime on Dec. 14.
Cleveland defeated Seattle Prep 45-43 in a thriller at last year’s 3A state championship game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.