Our 13 most-read stories of 2013
13. An imperfect life, a tragic death at the county jail: Eric Stevick's nicely told story of Lyndsey Lason, who died after her pleas for medical attention were ignored.
12. 3 baristas arrested for 'exhibition and exposure': They were exhibiting and exposing more than lattes. Read on for more bikini barista tales.
11. Details of Boeing's 777X offer to Machinists: Once they saw the details of this initial offer, most of them voted no. A vote on a new offer is coming this Friday.
10. Everett police raid bikini coffee stand; 3 arrested: Not surprisingly, the arrests of three women at the Hillbilly Hotties espresso stand got a lot of attention.
9. A look at where speeders are being stopped: Our Need to Know blog found Snohomish County's biggest speed traps.
8. Reardon will resign, effective at end of May: The big announcement capped Aaron Reardon's tumultuous run as county executive.
7. Stanwood family of 4 killed in crash: This tragic accident happened in May.
6. Nation to see what Gordon Ramsay did to Everett eatery: Ramsay was his usual charming self when he brought "Kitchen Nightmares" to the Prohibition Grille.
5. Exotic fish caught in lake near Marysville: A weird, toothy relative of the piranha showed up on a fisherman's hook in Lake Ki.
4. Landing the Boeing 777X: How 15 states compare: Dan Catchpole's recent analysis showed why Washington and the 777X belong together.
3. Espresso stands raided; sheriff's sergeant arrested: Another entry in our ongoing bikini barista chronicles. A Snohomish County sheriff's sergeant was accused of tipping off baristas in exchange for sexual favors.
2. Dr. Oz's weight-loss miracle: Brilliant or bogus? When sales of the product skyrocketed after publicity about it, we tackled the question.
1. Lake Stevens runner just feet from blast in Boston: Bill Iffrig was approaching the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a bomb exploded, knocking him to the ground. Photos of Iffrig were on publications across the country, making him an instant celebrity.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
- Do we need a woman president before a woman goes on the $20? March 13
- Fight the hockey leagues and you might lose your teeth March 6
- We do a meaningless poll for free; state does it for $11.5 million Feb. 27
- 'The Marshawn Lynch Story' gets a bad review from its leading man Feb. 26
- How to end the Marysville traffic nightmare (or give up trying) Feb. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.