To accommodate them, District 751 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) has arranged for electronic voting.
But there still will be thousands of paper ballots to count. With so many union members away, will there be enough volunteers to count them Friday night when polls close at 6 p.m.?
The union district has put out a call for volunteers. Unlike the last vote, when all ballots were counted at the district's Seattle headquarters, this time ballots will be counted at each of the five poll locations. If you're an IAM member and can help out, you're asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.