Enough Machinists in town to count ballots?
To accommodate them, District 751 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) has arranged for electronic voting.
But there still will be thousands of paper ballots to count. With so many union members away, will there be enough volunteers to count them Friday night when polls close at 6 p.m.?
The union district has put out a call for volunteers. Unlike the last vote, when all ballots were counted at the district's Seattle headquarters, this time ballots will be counted at each of the five poll locations. If you're an IAM member and can help out, you're asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- FAA says software problem with Boeing 787s could be catastrophic May 1
- Two day aerospace and defense conference in May at JBLM April 30
- Boeing wants $6 million for moving jobs to Oklahoma City April 28
- Smashed bugs are a drag on jets' fuel efficiency April 27
- Boeing to lay off 153 workers in Puget Sound region April 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.