To accommodate them, District 751 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) has arranged for electronic voting.
But there still will be thousands of paper ballots to count. With so many union members away, will there be enough volunteers to count them Friday night when polls close at 6 p.m.?
The union district has put out a call for volunteers. Unlike the last vote, when all ballots were counted at the district's Seattle headquarters, this time ballots will be counted at each of the five poll locations. If you're an IAM member and can help out, you're asked to email email@example.com.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Embraer names Lynnwood’s Nova-Tech Engineering as its top supplier in 2015 Nov. 12
- How much is an airplane sale actually worth? Oct. 29
- Boeing and Lockheed might contest Pentagon’s bomber decision Oct. 27
- Boeing KC-46 tanker (finally) gets a foreign order Oct. 26
- Machinists plan to picket Everett aerospace supplier Cadence-Giddens Oct. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.