This photo of a hiker in Idaho's Lost River Range was one of the Backpacking Light's contest winners.
Before we completely leave 2013 behind, though, let's look back at a few things.
Backpacking Light magazine has a great collection of their photo contest winners from last year. The photos themselves are fabulous, but I really love the descriptions that go with each photo. It's interesting to read the back story to the photos.
One of the photos is by Paul Souders of Seattle. It's an unbelievable shot of a polar bear. It was the winner of National Geographic's contest. (Follow the link to read more about the shot.) Paul Souders has some excellent bragging rights now, if he's the bragging type.
I think I would like Mr. Souders. He clearly has a sense of humor. On his resume he includes the notation "Barfly (In Training.)"
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Citizen naturalists invited on exploration 'blitz' May 15
- Upcoming outdoor events in Snohomish County and nearby May 8
- Spring is prime time for hiking in Hells Canyon May 8
- Upcoming outdoor events in Snohomish County and nearby May 1
- Bouldering buffs spruce up coveted Gold Bar climbing terrain May 1