Weekend reading: Best photos of 2013 and Legos
This photo of a hiker in Idaho's Lost River Range was one of the Backpacking Light's contest winners.
Before we completely leave 2013 behind, though, let's look back at a few things.
Backpacking Light magazine has a great collection of their photo contest winners from last year. The photos themselves are fabulous, but I really love the descriptions that go with each photo. It's interesting to read the back story to the photos.
One of the photos is by Paul Souders of Seattle. It's an unbelievable shot of a polar bear. It was the winner of National Geographic's contest. (Follow the link to read more about the shot.) Paul Souders has some excellent bragging rights now, if he's the bragging type.
I think I would like Mr. Souders. He clearly has a sense of humor. On his resume he includes the notation "Barfly (In Training.)"
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.