The Orange County Register reported Sunday that Long Beach area officials are concerned about the anticipated loss of local jobs when Boeing ends its C-17 military cargo jet production line in 2015.
Long Beach Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske says the city needs to find ways to attract new businesses.
California is one of more than 20 states that moved to bid for work on Boeing's 777X commercial plane.
Boeing machinists on Saturday voted to approve a new labor contract, which secured a deal to build the 777X in the Seattle area.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Glitches delay voting on contract offer to Boeing engineers 3:17 p.m.
- Officials: New Sound Transit measure needed to fix congestion, help businesses
- Insurer Aetna lays out concerns about ACA exchange business 2:20 p.m.
- CDC says Chipotle-linked outbreak of E. coli appears over 2:13 p.m.
- Airlines restore tiny perks, like pretzels, to pacify fliers 1:56 p.m.
- Iran claims $100 billion now freed in major step as sanctions roll back 2:18 p.m.