Colts sign ex-Patriots receiver Branch
The 5-foot-9, 195-pound Branch caught 518 passes for 6,644 yards and 39 TDs over a career that has included two stints with the New England Patriots. He spent five seasons (2006-2010) with the Seattle Seahawks.
Branch also has 64 receptions for 948 yards and four TDs in 17 postseason games. He won two Super Bowls and was MVP during the Pats' third title run.
To make room, Indianapolis (12-5) put starting cornerback Greg Toler and defensive end Fili Moala on injured reserve. The Colts promoted receiver Josh Lenz and defensive tackle Christian Tupou from the practice squad to the active roster. Toler has been dealing with a groin injury and left Saturday's 45-44 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs after giving up two big plays.
- Seahawks WRs are more productive than most give them credit for 1/7/15
- Seahawks DT Hill placed on IR after suffering calf injury 1/6/15
- Redskins pursue ex-Seahawk exec McCloughan to be general manager 1/6/15
- Ex-Jets GM Tannenbaum to take over Dolphins' football operations 1/6/15
- Packers QB Rodgers says calf feeling better after bye week 1/6/15
- Seahawks C Unger to play against Panthers; DT Hill to IR 1/6/15
- Strange season for Panthers on and off the field 1/6/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.