Ford says it's the only "420" sign to be replaced in the state that recently legalized recreational marijuana. Most highways aren't long enough to need one.
The number "420" has long been associated with marijuana, though its origins as a shorthand for pot are murky.
Mile 419.99, about 25 miles from the Kansas border, isn't the only place in Colorado with a fractional mile marker. Cameron Pass in Larimer County has a "MILE 68.5" sign after frequent thefts of the "MILE 69" sign.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.