First up, an unreel sport: "Cross-country snowboarding started pretty simply. It's just when you're getting off the chair-lift and you gotta scooch over to the top of the hill. And that was it. In that small stretch of flat land, our sport was born. ... We know it's never going to be the big thing. That's the great thing about cross-country snowboarding. It's impossible for it to sell out."
Check out what happens when soap bubbles freeze. It's beautiful.
Next, we have talking animals. These videos make the rounds every once in awhile. This is my favorite. "Night time! Day time!"
Finally, take a look at the fascinating photo with this post by weather guru Cliff Mass. It looks like the Olympic Mountains are floating above themselves like a strange mesa. Mass explains how the crazy phenomenon happened.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.