Madden, Partridge Family’ agent, dies at 82
His niece Mary Frances Miller said he died Thursday at a hospice center near his home in the Jacksonville area.
Madden was best known for his role as Reuben Kinkaid, who managed the family band and clashed with the precocious pre-teen bassist played by Danny Bonaduce.
Before “The Partridge Family,” Madden was part of the comedy ensemble on the “Laugh-In” variety series. He later had a recurring role as a customer at Mel’s Diner on the long-running sitcom “Alice.”
Madden was born in Ontario, Canada, and grew up in Terre Haute, Ind.
He began show business as a nightclub comic and landed his first acting job on the short-lived sitcom “Camp Runamuck” in the mid-1960s.
- The Buzz: As seen on TV 1/17/14
- New Saudi king to continue predecessors' policies 1/22/15
- Tony Verna, inventor of TV instant replay, dies at 81 1/18/15
- Ekberg, movie bombshell, dies at 83 1/14/15
- Dorothy Thomas, “mother” of bone marrow transplant, dies at 92 1/10/15
- Drummer, vocalist ‘Popsy’ Dixon of The Holmes Brothers dies 1/10/15
- Actor Rod Taylor dies in L.A. at 84 1/10/15
- Elvis Presley's 80th birthday celebrated 1/9/15
- William Boeing Jr., son of company's founder, dies at 92 1/8/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.