Madden, Partridge Family agent, dies at 82
His niece Mary Frances Miller said he died Thursday at a hospice center near his home in the Jacksonville area.
Madden was best known for his role as Reuben Kinkaid, who managed the family band and clashed with the precocious pre-teen bassist played by Danny Bonaduce.
Before “The Partridge Family,” Madden was part of the comedy ensemble on the “Laugh-In” variety series. He later had a recurring role as a customer at Mel’s Diner on the long-running sitcom “Alice.”
Madden was born in Ontario, Canada, and grew up in Terre Haute, Ind.
He began show business as a nightclub comic and landed his first acting job on the short-lived sitcom “Camp Runamuck” in the mid-1960s.
- The Buzz: As seen on TV 1/17/14
- Legendary voice-over artist Hal Douglas dies at 89 3/14/14
- Philip Seymour Hoffman died from mix of drugs 2/28/14
- Jim Lange, ‘Dating Game’ host, dies 2/27/14
- Singer Maria von Trapp, 99, dies in Vermont 2/22/14
- Ralph Waite, dad on “The Waltons,” dies 2/14/14
- Sid Caesar, comic genius of 1950s television, dies 2/12/14
- Iconic child star Shirley Temple dies at 85 2/11/14
- Actors pay respects at Seymour Hoffman funeral 2/8/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.