Source: Jets' Smith leaves plane after argument
Smith was on a Virgin America flight from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Friday when an attendant asked Smith to remove his headphones and an argument ensued, according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no official report was filed to or by the airport.
The person said Smith, who just finished his rookie season with the Jets, got up and asked to speak to a supervisor before leaving the plane on his own and speaking with police at the gate before leaving.
The Jets declined comment in a statement.
- NFL, CBS extend Thursday night football deal 1/18/15
- Belichick, Brady go to 6th Super Bowl after Patriots rout Colts 45-7 1/18/15
- Source: Kubiak to become Denver coach 1/18/15
- Luck, Colts fall to Patriots again 1/18/15
- Super matchup: Patriots vs. Seahawks for the title in Arizona 1/18/15
- Vegas: Patriots, Seahawks pick 'em for Super Bowl 1/18/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.