Trio of local football players announce verbal commitments
Belk, a tight end/defensive back from Kamiak, verbally committed to play at Eastern Washington University, according to Knights coach Dan Mack. Belk was named first-team all-state at tight end.
Streubel, a Coupeville offensive and defensive lineman, verbally committed to play football for Central Washington University, according to Coupeville head football coach Tony Maggio. Streubel was named to The Herald’s first-team All-Area defense and second-team offense this past season.
Streubel will join a number of local players on the Central roster, including former Lake Stevens players Jake Nelson and Christian Gasca and Stanwood lineman Brian O’Donnell.
White, a Jackson running back and defensive back, committed to play football next season at Dartmouth University in Hanover, NH, according to Nick’s father, Bill White.
White, who rushed for 1,103 yards and 17 touchdowns this past season for the Timberwolves, also visited and considered playing for Sacred Heart and Brown University.
High school football players can sign their national letters of intent on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
- Granite Falls pitcher named WIAA athlete of the week March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.