Last NFL coaching vacancy filled, and not by a Seahawks assistant
The Browns interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn early in the process, but as time went on without Cleveland making a hire, there was speculation they might circle back to Quinn following the Super Bowl. Instead of waiting, however, Cleveland went with Pettine, who spent last season as Buffalo's defensive coordinator, and the previous four seasons as the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets.
Quinn and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell had both interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs during Seattle's bye following Week 17, but barring unforeseen circumstances, the Seahawks will have their coordinators back for the 2014 season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.