Last NFL coaching vacancy filled, and not by a Seahawks assistant
The Browns interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn early in the process, but as time went on without Cleveland making a hire, there was speculation they might circle back to Quinn following the Super Bowl. Instead of waiting, however, Cleveland went with Pettine, who spent last season as Buffalo's defensive coordinator, and the previous four seasons as the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets.
Quinn and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell had both interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs during Seattle's bye following Week 17, but barring unforeseen circumstances, the Seahawks will have their coordinators back for the 2014 season.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates: Okung and Unger won't play, but Sweezy will Dec. 19
- Seahawks sign DE Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension Dec. 19
- Seahawks Thursday injury report: three of five starting linemen still sitting out Dec. 18
- K.J. Wright on new contract with Seahawks: 'this just feels like home.' Dec. 18
- Seahawks sign LB Wright to four-year extension Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.