A couple of items on the blog from late in the day if you missed them: Percy Harvin was back at practice, meaning he has been cleared from the concussion that kept him out of the NFC championship game. Also, a really cool feel-good story about Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman and a young fan.
From the News Tribune, Dave Boling says GM John Schneider deserved the game ball Pete Carroll gave him Sunday despite not playing a down.
The NFL Network’s Sound FX show gave us lots of good sound from the game from mic’d up players. You can watch clips of the show here, here, and here.
ESPN’s John Clayton says the Seahawks are winning with an old-school formula.
Along similar lines, Sports Illustrated’s Chris Burke says the theory that defense wins championships will be put to a test in the Super Bowl.
And finally, this 2010 column on why Pete Carroll will fail in the NFL is making the rounds on Twitter today. Kind of an interesting read in retrospect four years later.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.