Richard Sherman fined for taunting
The league didn't say what action specifically Sherman was fined for, but it was almost certainly the choke gesture he made towards the San Francisco sideline, and not the pat on the butt/attempted handshake with Michael Crabtree.
After the game, Sherman clarified that gesture was directed at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
Regardless of what you think of Sherman or his postgame interviews, the NFL has some pretty set-in-stone rules about certain forms of taunting, and the choke gesture is one of them, so it's not as if he didn't know this was coming.
Still, Sherman said Wednesday he had no regrets about the gesture: "Nah, man, that's Reggie Miller. These are rivalries, right?"
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
- Yedlin back with Sounders, 'focused on Seattle' amid transfer rumors July 7
- Mariners and Seahawks links before you check out for the weekend July 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.