Fisher to be new Mountlake Terrace city manager
The Mountlake Terrace City Council interviewed Fisher and two other finalists before selecting Fisher, who is city administrator in the Spokane County city of Cheney, which has a mayor-council form of government as opposed to Mountlake Terrace's council-manager form.
The three finalists, who came from a national search, were all from Washington state. They included Fisher from Cheney; Subir Mukerjee, city administrator for the city of Milton in south King County; and Phil Messina, who most recently served as city manager of Ridgefield in southwest Washington.
On Saturday, the council directed interim City Manager Scott Hugill and City Attorney Greg Schrag to negotiate an employment contract with Fisher
The council chose Fisher to replace Hugill, who has served since longtime City Manager John Caulfield left in early September to become city manager of Lakewood, south of Tacoma. Hugill was not a candidate to replace Caulfield.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Edmonds Council to interview candidates to fill vacancy before and after Feb. 17 meeting Feb. 11
- Ortiz-Self bill on children’s remote testimony to get Wednesday hearing in legislature Feb. 10
- MLT officials invite citizens to Wednesday coffee with the city Feb. 6
- Liias offers bill aimed at improving use of 911 Feb. 6
- Edmonds council to interview 10 applicants for vacancy Feb. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.