Amazon.com Inc. said Thursday that it earned $239 million, or 51 cents per share, in the October-December period. Thatís up from $97 million, or 21 cents per share, in the same period a year earlier.
Seattle-based Amazon said that its revenue grew 20 percent in the fourth quarter, to $25.59 billion from $21.27 billion.
FactSet said analysts were expecting earnings of 74 cents per share on revenue of $26.05 billion.
For the current quarter, Amazon is forecasting revenue of $18.2 billion and $19.9 billion. Analysts expect $19.67 billion.
Amazonís stock is down 10 percent in extended trading.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Boeing expands Oklahoma City facility, business presence 4:11 p.m.
- Windows 10 fixes annoyances in earlier versions
- Don’t blame economy: More millennials living at home
- Fed holds steady on interest rates
- Taiwan, Thailand join deal to end tariffs on tech products
- Briefs: PUD offers heating, weatherization incentives
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.