Amazon.com Inc. said Thursday that it earned $239 million, or 51 cents per share, in the October-December period. Thatís up from $97 million, or 21 cents per share, in the same period a year earlier.
Seattle-based Amazon said that its revenue grew 20 percent in the fourth quarter, to $25.59 billion from $21.27 billion.
FactSet said analysts were expecting earnings of 74 cents per share on revenue of $26.05 billion.
For the current quarter, Amazon is forecasting revenue of $18.2 billion and $19.9 billion. Analysts expect $19.67 billion.
Amazonís stock is down 10 percent in extended trading.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- SW Washington mill owner admits to trafficking in illegally cut maples
- Non-stop flights begin from Charleston to Seattle
- Paris attacks, South China Sea draw focus at APEC talks 1:16 p.m.
- Iran to boost oil exports after sanctions are lifted 1:15 p.m.
- American Medical Association backs prescription drug ad ban 1:17 p.m.
- Mark Zuckerberg on philanthropy: Move slow and build things 1:20 p.m.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.