Either Thomas or Sherman likely would have had a better shot of winning if not for other having such an outstanding season—both were named first-team All Pros—but to argue that they cost each other by splitting the vote isn’t entirely accurate either, because Kuechly finished with 19 votes, while Thomas and Sherman combined to earn 11.5.
Colts linebacker Robert Mathis, who led the NFL in sacks this season, finished second behind Kuechly with 11.5 votes, while Thomas was third with 7.5 with St. Louis’ Robert Quinn finishing fourth (6) and Sherman finishing fifth (4).
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.