Washington reps win bet with Coloradans
The gifts will come courtesy of the seven Colorado members of the U.S. House of Representatives who each wagered a delicacy from his or her district against products from each of Washington's 10 congressional districts.
Larsen, who represents Washington's 2nd Congressional District, including Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Brier in addition to the coastal areas of Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties from Mukilteo to Bellingham, and all of Island and San Juan counties, bet gin from Everett's Bluewater Distilling against treats from the Colorado districts.
McDermott, who represents the 7th Congressional District, including Edmonds and Woodway in addition to Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and most of Seattle, put up Theo's Chocolate from Seattle. Other Washington representatives wagered delicacies from their districts.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
- Voting-rights bill passes House; Liias tries to get it to Senate March 9
- Edmonds Council picks planning board member to fill council vacancy March 5
- Stanford says his bill would make college affordable for service members March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.