The gifts will come courtesy of the seven Colorado members of the U.S. House of Representatives who each wagered a delicacy from his or her district against products from each of Washington's 10 congressional districts.
Larsen, who represents Washington's 2nd Congressional District, including Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Brier in addition to the coastal areas of Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties from Mukilteo to Bellingham, and all of Island and San Juan counties, bet gin from Everett's Bluewater Distilling against treats from the Colorado districts.
McDermott, who represents the 7th Congressional District, including Edmonds and Woodway in addition to Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and most of Seattle, put up Theo's Chocolate from Seattle. Other Washington representatives wagered delicacies from their districts.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Council action on Brier fireworks vote could come in first half of 2016 Nov. 17
- Lynnwood Council race now out of recount range Nov. 16
- Auditor says nothing improper about her calls supporting Somers Nov. 13
- Lynnwood Council race gets tighter Nov. 13
- Voters who need to fix ballot signatures will get letters Nov. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.