The gifts will come courtesy of the seven Colorado members of the U.S. House of Representatives who each wagered a delicacy from his or her district against products from each of Washington's 10 congressional districts.
Larsen, who represents Washington's 2nd Congressional District, including Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Brier in addition to the coastal areas of Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties from Mukilteo to Bellingham, and all of Island and San Juan counties, bet gin from Everett's Bluewater Distilling against treats from the Colorado districts.
McDermott, who represents the 7th Congressional District, including Edmonds and Woodway in addition to Shoreline, Lake Forest Park and most of Seattle, put up Theo's Chocolate from Seattle. Other Washington representatives wagered delicacies from their districts.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statements from Edmonds Council candidates Petso, Tibbott Aug. 31
- Introducing charter-review candidates in County Council District 4 Aug. 28
- Introducing charter-review candidates in County Council District 3 Aug. 27
- U.S. Rep. Larsen, VA officials to meet vets at Mountlake Terrace Senior Center Aug. 27
- Familiar names on ballot for county charter-review commission Aug. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.