The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Monday, February 10, 2014, 8:37 p.m.

2 burned in Vancouver garage fire

VANCOUVER, Wash. — A Vancouver fire official says two men were burned — one of them badly — when gasoline vapors in a garage were ignited as one of the men lit a cigarette.
The Columbian reported that a 20-year-old man was burned over nearly half of his body and taken to the burn center at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, Ore.
A 21-year-old man suffered burns on his hand and was treated at a Vancouver hospital.
Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said the two men were working on motor scooters in the garage when one of them lit up last Friday.
Damage to the garage, house and vehicles was estimated at nearly $150,000.
Story tags » FireVancouver

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...