In this Jan. 23, 2014 photo, Sheila Ranea Crabtree poses in her home in Pataskala, Ohio. Crabtree, a central Ohio woman who loathed being named Sheila and wanted a moniker that reflects her personality has legally changed her first name to Sexy. (AP Photo/The Columbus Dispatch, Courtney Hergesheimer)
A Licking County judge on Tuesday approved the request from the 41-year-old Pataskala woman formerly named Sheila Ranea Crabtree.
In her application, Crabtree called her given name “the ugliest one out there.” She said if the court didn’t allow the switch to Sexy, she’d try to become known legally by her middle name, which she has used for years.
The Columbus Dispatch reports Crabtree told a judge her husband and teenage daughters approve of the change. When the judge asked why she chose Sexy, Crabtree said she’s fun and free-spirited and thought the change would make her complete.
Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
- Salem ‘witch’ takes self-proclaimed warlock to court over alleged harassment Oct. 27
- Police: Suspect arrested after he accidentally dialed 911 Oct. 18
- Bees swarm on 767 in Texas Oct. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.