I stood there a few moments panicking, frantically feeling my hair and checking the counter to make sure nothing was on fire. (Oh, and there might have been some loud shrieking.)
I was very rattled. I use my slow cooker all the time. Now I'm freaked out about leaving a cooking appliance turned on when I'm not at home.
What's the solution? I went ahead and ordered a Wonderbag. If you've never heard of one, that's because they are relatively new to America. Wonderbags are like the Toms Shoes of slow cookers. American women buy one for their homes, and somewhere far away, an African woman gets one, too. The Wonderbag goal is to help women, save fuel and save the planet. Check out the Wonderbag website to be inspired.
Yesterday, I gave my Wonderbag a try for the first time. When I opened up the bag after six hours, the pot was so hot I could only touch it for a few seconds without needing pot holders. This thing actually works!
I'm looking forward to trying out more recipes in the future. In the meantime, my burnt out Crock-Pot is in today's trash.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.