Teens from 14-18 can apply for the summer trips. On either 8- or 16-day trips, teens will learn about natural history, outdoor leadership, communication and public speaking. During the trips, teens work on service projects that tie in with the lesson they are learning about science and leadership.
Attendees do not need any previous outdoor experience and outdoor gear is provided.
Applications are accepted until March 28. Tuition is on a sliding scale, and the institute will work with all families to ensure they can afford it.
Get more information, including on how to apply, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.