Apply now for youth adventures in North Cascades
Teens from 14-18 can apply for the summer trips. On either 8- or 16-day trips, teens will learn about natural history, outdoor leadership, communication and public speaking. During the trips, teens work on service projects that tie in with the lesson they are learning about science and leadership.
Attendees do not need any previous outdoor experience and outdoor gear is provided.
Applications are accepted until March 28. Tuition is on a sliding scale, and the institute will work with all families to ensure they can afford it.
Get more information, including on how to apply, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.