Teens from 14-18 can apply for the summer trips. On either 8- or 16-day trips, teens will learn about natural history, outdoor leadership, communication and public speaking. During the trips, teens work on service projects that tie in with the lesson they are learning about science and leadership.
Attendees do not need any previous outdoor experience and outdoor gear is provided.
Applications are accepted until March 28. Tuition is on a sliding scale, and the institute will work with all families to ensure they can afford it.
Get more information, including on how to apply, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.