I play for the Seahawks now. #pumped pic.twitter.com/pr5sEk8N3dVan Roten, who was undrafted out of the University of Pennsylvania in 2012, was release earlier this week by Green Bay, where he spent the past two seasons. Van Roten began the 2012 season on Green Bay’s practice squad, then was signed to the active roster and appeared in seven regular-season games and two playoff games, playing on special teams and as an extra blocker in six-lineman packages.
— Greg Van Roten (@GVR64) February 14, 2014
Van Roten, who is listed at 6-foot-3, 303 pounds, was a three-year starter at left tackle at Penn, twice earning first-team All-Ivy League honors
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.