No one was injured.
The students began making the snowball last week during a rare snowstorm in Portland, Ore.
Nobody weighed it, but college spokesman Kevin Myers says it was estimated to weigh 800 pounds or more.
The students responsible for the runaway snowball reported the incident and have not been disciplined. Myers says they didn’t intend to cause damage and feel awful about what happened.
A maintenance manager told Reed Magazine it will cost several thousand dollars to repair the building.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.