Another 3-3 vote in Edmonds City Council
The deadlock continued despite 19 ballots at the council's Tuesday, Feb. 18, meeting after 27 ballots at the Feb. 11 meeting.
This week's meeting ended with the same 3-3 tie between former Councilman Steve Bernheim and former federal attorney Stephen Schroeder despite attempts by Council members Diane Buckshnis, Kristiana Johnson and Strom Peterson to introduce six other names during the balloting before settling on Shroeder.
Councilwomen Joan Bloom, Adriene Fraley-Monillas and Lora Petso have voted for Bernheim on all 46 ballots.
After the 46th ballot, the Council voted to continue voting on the appointment at its Tuesday, Feb. 25, meeting.
Some of the anti-Bernheim members say that they don't want to appoint a member who has said that he woh't run for a full term in the 2015 election.
The city council has until March 31 to appoint one candidate with a four-vote majority. Otherwise the five-member Snohomish County Council would make the appointment.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Edmonds Council to consider judicial nominee Tuesday Dec. 16
- Ballot to include extra spot on Edmonds School Board, 2 in city government Dec. 15
- Edmonds mayor considers applicants for court position Dec. 8
- Certified election returns from Nov. 4 election Dec. 4
- Kagi says class-size initiative puts Legislature in a bind Dec. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.