That reminded us that it's time for a new photo contest. This time, we'd like to see your best winter shots.
And it doesn't have to be snow photos, although those are great. Show us what winter looks like in the lowlands, too. Winter is gorgeous in the Northwest and we want to celebrate that.
To enter our contest, submit a photo to our winter scenes photo gallery. We'll select a number of the images and let you vote on them. The photos that get the most votes will be published in the print edition of The Herald. Winners also will get their choice of a Herald Super Bowl front-page poster or tickets to an AquaSox game this summer.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.