Chapman to run for 21st District House seat
In January, Chapman had sought the position that fellow Democrat Marko Liias gave up to accept appointment to the State Senate, but another Democrat Lillian Ortiz-Self won the appointment.
Now, with Roberts out, Chapman, a retired labor official, is the leading candidate to replace her. The only other announced candidate is Democrat Scott Whelpley of Mukilteo, who has yet to report any campaign fundraising. Chapman has $10,584 that he had raised for a 2012 campaign to replace Liias in the House before Liias' plans to run for Congress were thwarted by redistricting. No Republican has yet declared an intention to run for the position.
The 21st Legislative District includes most of Edmonds, unincorporated areas north of Edmonds and Lynnwood, all of Mukilteo, and part of south Everett.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- County considering Shoreline annexation of Ronald sewer district Aug. 28
- Republican write-in makes November ballot in 1st District Aug. 22
- Edmonds-Woodway area leads county in final primary ballot returns Aug. 21
- Introductory statements from South District Court judge, challenger Aug. 20
- Rep. Moscoso, challenger prepare for battle in 1st District Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.