The fire occurred around midnight at the home in the 13000 block of 4th Avenue W, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Firefighters found that the fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler located in a closet.
The fire was caused by combustibles too close to a light bulb in the closet, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
Chinese President Xi lands at Paine Field to begin U.S. visit 3:16 p.m. China leader’s smooth ride was a nightmare for the rest of us 3:02 p.m. Trial of school shooter’s father focuses on protection order 6:34 p.m. Visually impaired meet in Everett to share, help each other Tim Eyman misused funds, state disclosure agency says 5 sought for tire-slashing spree in Arlington 5:59 p.m. Injured hiker, 17, flown to safety from Glacier Peak area Marysville motorcyclist killed in crash
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.