The fire occurred around midnight at the home in the 13000 block of 4th Avenue W, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Firefighters found that the fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler located in a closet.
The fire was caused by combustibles too close to a light bulb in the closet, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
GPS coming to most local police, fire vehicles Everett City Council puts courthouse deal on hold over parking questions Volunteer brings troubled felines to inmates, who help tame them Monroe skatepark will undergo $240,000 worth of improvements Man sought in Marysville shooting Voters to decide on Marysville fireworks ban Life in prison for killer of Seattle police officer who was from Marysville Locals fondly recall author Ann Rule
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.