The fire occurred around midnight at the home in the 13000 block of 4th Avenue W, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Firefighters found that the fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler located in a closet.
The fire was caused by combustibles too close to a light bulb in the closet, Hicks said.
More Local News Headlines
Study says Paine Field should be used for business, not museum Judge likely to decide future of sex crime case against ex-sergeant Tamper-proof cigarette bins will cut down on litter Suspect sought in fatal Lynnwood shooting Mill Creek Police Chief Bob Crannell to retire Camano Island Fire and Rescue seeks volunteers; meeting Oct. 13 Arlington man died in motorcycle crash Front Porch: Help plant rain gardens Saturday in Edmonds
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.