A reader in South Snohomish County sent this photo to us. This Hume's pheasant has been hanging around her yard and eating her birdseed. This type of pheasant is native to Asia.
It's likely this bird escaped from a breeder or other pheasant fancier — and it may be missed.
If you know anything about it, drop me a line at email@example.com.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.