A reader in South Snohomish County sent this photo to us. This Hume's pheasant has been hanging around her yard and eating her birdseed. This type of pheasant is native to Asia.
It's likely this bird escaped from a breeder or other pheasant fancier — and it may be missed.
If you know anything about it, drop me a line at email@example.com.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.