Snohomish County officials certified results Tuesday, Feb. 25.
The renewal of the District's maintenance-and-operations levy got 65.23 percent of the vote, easily exceeding the needed simple majority.
The bond issue for school construction and renovation needed a 60 percent majority to pass but exceeded that with 63.34 percent.
The Edmonds School District includes Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway, most of Brier and unincorporated areas of south Snohomish County. Final certified results:
Edmonds School District Prop. 1 (maintenance-and-operations levy, requiring a simple majority):
Yes: 17,018 votes (65.23%)
No: 9,072 votes (34.77%)
26,090 total votes cast
Edmonds School District prop. 2 (bond issue requiring a 60 percent majority to pass):
Approve: 16,770 (63.24%)
Reject: 9,748 (36.76%)
26,518 total votes cast
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Marko Liias will be assistant floor leader for Senate Democrats Nov. 23
- Local legislators say Eyman wrong about deal to repeal initiatives Nov. 23
- Lynnwood Council race back in recount range Nov. 18
- Council action on Brier fireworks vote could come in first half of 2016 Nov. 17
- Lynnwood Council race now out of recount range Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.