Edmonds School District election results are in
Snohomish County officials certified results Tuesday, Feb. 25.
The renewal of the District's maintenance-and-operations levy got 65.23 percent of the vote, easily exceeding the needed simple majority.
The bond issue for school construction and renovation needed a 60 percent majority to pass but exceeded that with 63.34 percent.
The Edmonds School District includes Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway, most of Brier and unincorporated areas of south Snohomish County. Final certified results:
Edmonds School District Prop. 1 (maintenance-and-operations levy, requiring a simple majority):
Yes: 17,018 votes (65.23%)
No: 9,072 votes (34.77%)
26,090 total votes cast
Edmonds School District prop. 2 (bond issue requiring a 60 percent majority to pass):
Approve: 16,770 (63.24%)
Reject: 9,748 (36.76%)
26,518 total votes cast
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.